Wednesday 16 April 2014

HOLY WEEK--WEDNESDAY

'Lord Yahweh has given me a disciple's tongue, for me to know how to give a word of comfort to the weary. Morning by morning he makes my ear alert to listen like a disciple.
Lord Yahweh has opened my ear and I have not resisted, I have not turned away.'
ISAIAH 50: 4-5

A disciple's tongue to comfort the weary. An ear that listens to God's voice. No resistance. This is what we are supposed to do! Be the disciplines God needs us to be! But it goes further than that:

'I have offered my back to those who struck me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; I have not turned my face away from insult and spitting. Lord Yahweh comes to my help, this is why insult has not touched me, this is why I have set my face like flint and know that I shall not be put to shame.'
ISAIAH 50:7-8

We have to be willing to go as far as Jesus went. Our discipleship must mirror the ministry of Jesus but also his Passion. Our 'yes' to God has to be absolute, and when things get rough, we have to remember that the Lord comes to our help!! 
Because if we die with Him, we shall rise with Him! This Lent, we have learned about the Lord's love and sacrifice for us and hopefully we have accepted Him in our hearts if we hadn't done so before. The next step in our discipleship is to open our ears to what God wants to do with our lives and to follow through with that mission--all the way, regardless of the consequences. What does the Lord want from you? Open your ear to His voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment