Friday 18 April 2014

GOOD FRIDAY

4 Yet ours were the sufferings he was bearing, ours the sorrows he was carrying, while we thought of him as someone being punished and struck with affliction by God;
5 whereas he was being wounded for our rebellions, crushed because of our guilt; the punishment reconciling us fell on him, and we have been healed by his bruises.
6 We had all gone astray like sheep, each taking his own way, and Yahweh brought the acts of rebellion of all of us to bear on him.
7 Ill-treated and afflicted, he never opened his mouth, like a lamb led to the slaughter-house, like a sheep dumb before its shearers he never opened his mouth.
ISAIAH 52: 4-7

'Life's not fair' is one of those general phrases we use constantly. Sometimes life is so painful that we look up to heaven and cry 'WHERE ARE YOU????' I went through a rough patch some years ago: my friends dumped me, my boyfriend and I broke up, I had health problems, I had to drop out of college due to money problems, all of it a midst a very complicated migratory status. And I was very angry with God for letting all that happen to me. I felt like He didn't care, like He had abandoned me. My heart filled with bitterness, sadness, and anger.

So yes, I get it, life isn't fair. 

Where was God in all those dark lonely nights of despair?
Where was God when you were in physical pain?
Where was God when your life was falling apart?

He was on the cross. 

He was on the cross without having to, without deserving to be there. He was watching you suffer from the cross and crying with you and hurting with you. He was pouring out His blood for you. Water and blood came out of His side to heal you and wash you clean. By His wounds we were healed. 

Bring all your sufferings, your worries, your loneliness to the foot of the Cross. Let the Lord of Sorrows take them up to be crucified with Him. 

Behold, behold the wood of the cross  
On which is hung our salvation.  
 O come, let us adore.













No comments:

Post a Comment