Monday 14 April 2014

HOLY WEEK--MONDAY

'Yahweh is my light and my salvation, whom should I fear? Yahweh is the fortress of my life, whom should I dread?
 When the wicked advance against me to eat me up, they, my opponents, my enemies, are the ones who stumble and fall.
Though an army pitch camp against me, my heart will not fear, though war break out against me, my trust will never be shaken.'
PSALM 27: 1-3

Do you at times feel crippled by fear and uncertainty? Do you feel like you are staring in the darkness and the void of tomorrow? Do you feel weak, tired, helpless about certain situations in your life? Yes, me too! But read this psalm aloud: tell yourself that the Lord is your rock, your fortress, your stronghold. Sometimes, when I feel overwhelmed by school, or work, or family problems, all there is left in me to say is: Jesus, I trust in You. Repeatedly. And you might feel like 'well, why would I say that if at that moment I don't feel it?!?!?!' Well, that small phrase is an act of surrender to the Lord--you are telling him that you trust in his promise and his plan for you and that it is He (and not yourself) who will get you through this difficult time. And, perhaps more importantly, you are reassuring yourself that there is a God who you trust and who you can rely on! You might be doubtful when you first say this, but, trust me, after repeating it to yourself several times, you will start believing it! The Holy Spirit will descend upon you and grant you peace in the midst of chaos.

Fear is a very human reaction. But we must not be crippled by it! Don't let the devil get a hold of you through fear. Ask Jesus to put your heart inside his heart and shelter it, to grant you strength, or patience, or joy, or whatever it is you need to get through the trial. He will not leave your side. In those difficult moments, Jesus is present and willing to help!  Cry out to Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment