Sunday 6 April 2014

Day 33--Fist Pumping for Jesus!

24 Martha said, 'I know he will rise again at the resurrection on the last day.'
25 Jesus said: I am the resurrection. Anyone who believes in me, even though that person dies, will live,
26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?
27 'Yes, Lord,' she said, 'I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, the one who was to come into this world.'
JOHN 11:24-27

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, singing 'HE'SSSSSSS DA RESURREC--TIONNNN!' Guys, this is one of those times in scripture when Jesus is very blunt about his identity and I'm just like WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Jesus is the resurrection, our source of eternal life!!!

And I love Martha in this. You see, there were hundreds of women following Jesus, and Martha is one of the few that gets named in the Bible, but for all the wrong reasons. The first time we encounter Martha, Jesus scolds her for worrying too much about other things (cleaning and cooking, etc) that have nothing to do with Him. But this time Martha makes up for it as she makes a huge declaration of faith--just like when Peter tells Jesus 'you are the Christ!'. 
I always identify myself with Martha--in fact, my friends started calling me "Martha, Martha" for a while because the Lord kept telling me to stop being so much like Martha and be more like Mary (her sister) and just rest in His presence. Yes, I've tried to be less Martha and more Mary, but I've also learned to embrace my marthaness, particularly because of this passage. Martha is strong and a doer and a go-getter, and she tells Jesus straight up 'look, I'm unhappy about this and I wish you would have done this, but I trust you because you are God!' We see Martha grow in faith.
So yeah, I am a Martha. I believe, Lord! And when my faith is assaulted by doubt, help my unbelief! We are all in a process of growing in our faith, but the Lord reaches out to us and meets us where we're at, no matter if we are like Mary or like Martha.
And to hear Jesus say 'I am the resurrection' is so comforting because we have the hope of an eternity with Him in heaven, because, by his sacrifice, we live! He saves us from our spiritual death, from our sin, our dirtiness, our darkness, our tomb and gives us life everlasting! Thank you Lord for being my resurrection. Because of You, I am alive again.


No comments:

Post a Comment